Tuesday, March 29, 2016

XT 1060 Not Receiving Texts (but can send them)

Last Friday I noticed that I stopped receiving texts on my unlocked DE running stock rooted 4.4.4. Sending texts works fine. This phone has never had any problems with anything since I started using it 18 months or so ago, and out of the blue it stopped receiving texts. I have checked Verizon's side on another phone (moved sim card to old Gnex and texts are received fine) and it is definitely a problem with my phone. I have deleted all texts, wiped caches, tried Safe Mode nothing has fixed it. Seems like some odd radio problem. I have read about the 4.4.4 issues others have had, but as I mentioned, this phone has been fine on 4.4.4 since I set it up.

In any event, I am here looking for some answers or some suggestions of what else to try. I would like to keep the total wipe and restore as a last resort, as this phone is mission critical to me for work, and being too stupid to do regular backups, resetting everything back to the way it is now would be a hardship. I do have a nandroid backup from when I originally set up the phone, and was thinking of trying that. If I wipe everything though, does that wipe the SD card too? I thought a factory reset wipes the SD card, so if so I need to back it up first.

Thanks in advance for anything you guys can offer!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RoTGxE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment