Monday, May 30, 2016

Xposed an Viper4Android on rooted H960A

Hi,

some information for everyone who's interested: I tried to install Xposed Framework and Viper4Android on my rooted H960A and that worked very well.

1. Xposed Framework:
I just installed the latest framework V85 for arm64 and the second screen fix for MM, which you can find here.
Both zip files were flashed via TWRP after I flashed the SuperSu.zip to root my phone. Afterwards I installed the XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha4.apk.
You can find the latest xposed framework here and the Xposed Installer here.

To test the Xposed frameword I installed some modules (RootCloak and Flat Style Bar Indicators). Both modules work perfectly on the V10.

2. Viper4Android:
Why would you want to install Viper4Android if you have a very good Hifi DAC onboard? Simple answers at least for me: Viper4Android supports sound settings for Bluetooth devices. I have a nice Bluetooth headset I wanted to use with my V10 and after the installation I must say it was totally worth it.

You need:
* rooted H960A
* Viper4Android (I used version 2.4.0.1)
* install Busybox and run it at least once to obtain root rights
* set Selinux to permissive

* After the phone is rooted install Busybox and run the installation procedure to have busybox installed (current version 1.24.2).
* Then Viper4Android can be installed and started to install the drivers. The phone needs to be restarted afterwards.
* Then I tried to change Selinux setting to permissive with the app SelinuxModeChanger. But that did not work for me as after starting the app and granting root rights I just received the message that the superuser manager did not allow the application to access root or that my device is not rooted at all.
I tried a manual way by installing a terminal emulator and entering the commands
Code:

su
setenforce 0

Opening Viper4Android and showing the driver status revealed that the driver was now active.
The downside of this manual method is that after a reboot Selinux is set to enforced again and you would have to enter above commands in the terminal emulator again.
To set Selinux to permissive at boot time you can do the following:
* install the "Universal inid.d Tool" from the play store. Start the application and switch the slider at the top of the page to "on" to activate inid.d support. Reboot your phone.
* after the reboot is done start the universal init.d tool again and tap on the entry "scripts" under "Manage your inid.d scripts". Then tap on the pen symbol at the top right of the app screen to edit this script.
* a popup window opens showing "no scripts found". If you tap on this line you can change it. Remove everything and enter the following code instead:
Code:

#!/system/sh
 setenforce 0

* tap on "save"

That should be it. Now every reboot Selinux is set to permissive again.

Have fun.

If you have questions I will try to answer them.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1sWJiEM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment