Monday, May 30, 2016

How does Nexus Imprint work? And how secure is Android at keeping it secure

Hello xda,

I owa Nexus 6P (64 GB) and I am running stock firmware (Marshmallow 6.0). How is the fingerprint technology implemented and what the security features keep the information related to fingerprint data secure from hackers etc. Does the scanner create an image and then run an algorithm on the image to create some sort of key? (or "hash" as I've heard) And is all of this information stored on a separate chip like how Apple implements it? How secure is Android from hackers being able to get the hashes or intercept the process and somehow get the fingerprint itself. Although I think the hashes are useless on their own I am still curious whether the data can be easily breached and obtained whether its too obfuscated to decipher or use.

Thanks for reading and helping to improve my understanding of this.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25sMJRn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment