Monday, May 30, 2016

[Q] Stuck on Boot Splash Screen after Stock Tar Flash + (Repart and Nand Wipe)

So here's what happened. First I had Cyanogen 12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1) working fine. I was looking to upgrade so I flash ed Emotion AOSP rom (Marshmallow 6.0.x) (LINK). But it didn't quite fly with my system and I was getting random crashes on my system. These crashes would leave my phone unbootable, until I plugged my phone to charge. This was pretty funky, so I figured there's something up with my kernel. So I thought of flashing beastmode kernel (Marsmallow PD1) (LINK).

This made sense to me because the ROM was Marsmallow, so Marsmallow kernel would work right? I then flash the kernel, which made it so my phone couldn't even boot past the Emotion ROM app load sequence. After, I tried factory reseting and clearing cache + dalvik but that didn't work. By now, I've had enough and just wanted stock marshmallow.

I then try flashing PD1 stock tar and PC1 stock tar with and without factory reset + full wipe (with TWRP) before it. Here, I get stuck on the boot splash screen (the "Powered by Android" screen for clarification) every time, no errors on odin though. I've also tried, after much forum browsing, flashing PIT and Nand erase along with PD1 + PC1 stock tar flashing to no avail (also getting stuck on boot splash screen, and no errors on odin).

Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to hopefully fix my device?

Device (for clarifcaiton purposes): N910P


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22v6MNa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment