Friday, April 22, 2016

Calendar event detection in email clients on Android

Hi everyone!

I've recently bought an iPhone as a secondary device, just to satisfy my curiosity. I've been using both iOS and Android (N4) for over a month now, and while I still prefer using Android as my primary, here is one thing that's bothering me: I discovered that the native Email app on iOS detects calendar events that the Gmail app on neither OSes can detect. I've searched the Internet to see if there are specific formats that Gmail requires the event to be written in, but I haven't found anything concrete (Here is a link that asks a similar question, yet with no satisfying response.).

My question is: is there any email client for Android that detects the calendar events similar to how Email on iOS does it? Its a really useful feature, and saves a lot of time and hassle.

I've attached screenshots of the same email on both apps to demonstrate the situation.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: iOS_Email.PNG Views: N/A Size: 178.3 KB ID: 3727442   Click image for larger version Name: iOS_Gmail.PNG Views: N/A Size: 164.5 KB ID: 3727443  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/214TaaO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment