Thursday, April 21, 2016

Help a newbie out with some ROM questions???

Please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place, and I'll happily move it.

I've been an android user for a bunch of years now, A Nokia N900 with Maemo was my last non-android smartphone. But in that time, I haven't done much to keep up with the custom ROM side of things. I've rooted my phones once or twice, and my device is currently not rooted.

Recently, I've become frustrated enough with my Note 4 that I want to learn more about the custom ROMs. But I don't even know where to begin. All the posts about the ROMs uses words that I'm not familiar with, but I'm sure mean a lot to someone who knows. Words like TWRP, nandroid, and gapps. I also find that I'm not sure if they will work on my phone, or brick it. I don't see where it says "will work on Sprint Note 4 SM-N910P". I'm also not sure how to go about comparing features of the different ROMs.

**Basically, what I'm looking for is a guide to get me started on this. Some introduction so that I dive deeper into it. And also some recommendations on what are good ROMs to use.** Links would be greatly appreciated.

What I want out of a ROM is:
Basic functinality (calls, 4g, texts, etc.)
Good battery life
Better performance (less hangs, snappier in the menus)
Compatibility with the play store & apps
The basic pen functionality would be nice (for Evernote)
No or minimal loss in the camera quality

Thank you in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SmWPew
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment