Thursday, April 21, 2016

Will the latest Update lose my root access?

I just picked up a used T817T yesterday. I was able to root it with Kingroot. I then found out that I lose root after a reboot. Even worse, without enabling the developer options and enabling the OEM unlock, it would no longer boot. I had to reflash the stock ROM with ODIN to recover.

I purchased and installed SuperSu Me-Pro and that replaced the Kingroot SU with SuperSu. Now I can reboot without losing root.

I'm being prompted to install an update T817TUVS2APB1/T817TTMB2APB1/T817TUVS2APB1. If I install this update, will I lose root? If I install it, can I still root with other methods?

I still have the stock recovery.

I'm currently on T817TUVS2AOL1.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NDRmOl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment