Thursday, June 30, 2016

Default notifications not working if I add custom ones

Coming from a Nexus5 I wanted to bring across more ringtones/alarms and notification sounds from that device to my new OnePlus 3.

So I got them all from my Nexus 5 and moved them to my OP3.

I couldn't find where the default ones reside, so googled and read (somewhere - don't know where) that they can be added to Internal Storage/Alarms, Internal Storage/Notifications and Internal Storage/Ringtones.

After doing so I've noticed that if I then pick a default (shipped) notification (not one of my imported ones) no sound plays when it should. Although within settings where you pick notifications the full combined list of default and custom notification sounds show.

So it seems that the Internal Storage/Notifications is completely overriding the default location when a notification should be played...

Has anybody else found this?
Could someone else test and back me up on this theory?
Does anybody know the location of the default directories for alarms/notifications and ringtones?

Thanks for any assistance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29crYq4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment