Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Screen went greyscale, and I lost most of my settings and access to all my apps

I've had my S7 Edge G935A since release date. I love this phone, never had a problem until yesterday.

So I left work placing my phone in my pocket checked the time after departing since the meeting ran late all looked good on my phone.

walked into my buddy's house wanted to show him a picture, and my entire screen was greyscale, I thought maybe extreme powersave got turned on in my pocket, so I swipe down to access quick settings, and they are all gone, the gear is there. I tap the gear, and settings comes up:
  • Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Mobile Networks
    More Connection settings
    Edge screen
    Battery
    Help

NO Other settings no way to swipe just access to those settings,

Click my list of apps and only the like the default gapps.

I have not rooted, or done any major things to the phone I did use adb to format the memory card as internal storage.

I searched google and only found options to turn on greyscale, but I had no access to accessibility in settings, no access to power saving mode.

If I restarted my phone it would come up in color then go greyscale.

I took it to AT&T they stared at it for 30 min before recommending a factory reset.

I didn;t want to but I didn't know what else to do.

Has anyone seen this, know what I did, or how to undo it?

It's fixed now I'm just wondering how it happened and how to undo it if I somehow do it again


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2901Vx5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment