Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Porting roms for the TF0310C (Intel Atom processor) from the ARM TF103C?

Hello all,
I just bought a Transformer Pad TF0310C (after a bunch of research it looks like it is the Best Buy exclusive version of the TF103C which unfortunately has an Intel quad core, 1gb ram, 16gb storage), I am guessing there probably are no roms, or really anything at all for this device (spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find any and all I really found were posts of people trying to figure out what this device equivalent was to try and see if the roms will work for it)? I wish I had researched a bit more before I bought it, but too little too late (it was only $85~ so no huge deal). Assuming there are no roms for it, is it possible to adapt a current rom over to this architecture?

I am familiar with linux, several programming languages (not an expert in any, but definitely know enough of each to get any job done that I have needed thus far), manipulating devices to suit my needs, etc, so I feel that if I had enough documentation and resources available I could get something going, as long as someone with more experience tells me that it is indeed at least possible. There are probably going to be quite a few more people who are going to be looking for them as well as this device is currently a "best seller" on woot.com as a refurb, so I am hoping to try and help not only myself, but possibly the community as a whole by trying to provide at least a rom for the device, if nothing else, it will be a great learning experience for me.

Thanks all!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/291j3VJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment