Thursday, June 30, 2016

System backup and emulation for Rooted Soft Bricked Phone

Hello XDA,

It's been awhile since I've made a post, but I'm very unsure about what I'm trying to do.

I have a T-Mobile HTC One S, about 4 years old, that has a damaged display, but I am trying to do a backup to pull out photos and whatnot that I had on the phone before I broke it.

My question is, is there a way for me to do a backup of the whole Android OS and whatever file there is on the phone to emulate it on my Windows PC?

Now for what I've done so far with a bit of back story. The phone broke about 4 years ago when I dropped it and damaged the display and I never got around to fixing it or trying to do a blind backup through the recovery until a few days ago.

I had a friend replace the screen and the phone booted up, except it was soft bricked and was stuck at the splash screen. I was able to get into the recovery and tried to mount the phone to my computer, but it wouldn't let me and I've forgotten what the error message was.

My problem now, is that I've dropped the phone again and the display is broken yet again, but I was curious if I could extract every single file out of the phone and use an emulator so that I can try and get back into it.

Thank you


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29tk0Fv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment