Monday, February 29, 2016

Bricked C720P

I've been duel booting chrx Lubuntu with Chrome OS on my C720P for quite some time now. I go back and forth depending on my needs. Last night, as I was surfing facebook on Chrome OS, the chromebook switched off. When I booted it back up, it threw me into the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card." I've tried multiple USB sticks, including a newly purchased one from PNY. All of them result in the chromebook verifying the media okay, but the immediately after, it pops up with "An unexpected error has occured." Hitting tab brings up the recovery reason as "0x5b No bootable kernel found on disk." The keyboard shortcut to boot into legacy (ctrl+l) also does not work. I tried unplugging both the battery and the SDD and plugged them back in - no avail. Does anyone know if getting another SDD would resolve the issue?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LsoFrI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment