Sunday, February 28, 2016

Headphone audio quality different ROMs and how can I make a ROM sound like another?

I would like to know how audio processing in Android works.

For the last three months I've tried out many different ROMs for the Xiaomi Mi 3. One of the most important aspects of a ROM for me is the headphone sound quality, since I use my device most for listening music on my Shure SE215's. I have noticed that there is a huge different in headphone sound between ROMs. MIUI kitkat sounds nothing like Cyanogenmod 12.1, which sounds nothing like Cyanogenmod 13.0, which sounds nothing like Mokee 6.0.1. In my opinion my headphones sound best with Mokee 6.0.1. No muddy lows or an unpleasant harsh sound, but a nicely balanced sound with especially the mids and highs sounding gorgeous and way better than CM13.0 which is my daily driver at the moment. What does a ROM do to an audio file before sending a direct signal to the earphone? Does the kernel play a role? I'm not interested in speaker sound, only headphones. And is it possible to export whatever makes Mokee 6.0.1 sound so good to Cyanogenmod 13.0?

Help me out here!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21CmHcy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment