Monday, February 29, 2016

SM-T800 Password locked & in Retail Mode. Am I hosed?

So... I bought a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 on ebay. The guy who was selling it said it works fine but it's password locked and he didn't know how to remove it so he was selling it "AS IS FOR PARTS" I thought that shouldn't be hard to fix. Factory Reset and we should be good to go...

However, I'm pretty sure this was a store demo unit and in addition to being password locked its also in Retail mode... Because of the Retail mode I can't get into factory reset screen. I can get into Oden mode but when I try factory reset it gives me a black screen. Can I get rid of the password protection by flashing the firmware in Oden? Once I get into the tablet I think I know how to disable retail mode but I can't get past the log in screen. I didn't want to start messing around with it if its a hopeless cause but if there is a way around this mess I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Thank you in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LsoGMr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment