Thursday, February 25, 2016

If I don't upgrade my phone, will Android and Motorola annoy me with notifications?

I'm receiving very annoying and frequent notifications to upload my phone and this is something I don't want to you, it doesn't matter how great you try to sell that this new upgrade is, I don't want it.

I had a Moto G 1st generation with Kitkat and it was everything I could ask of my smartphone, but when the Lollipop upgrade came up, I thought that I could trust on Motorola and Android and it couldn't had made me more upset.

I regreted right after I upgraded from Kitkat to Lollipop; the phone became slower, the design is hideous, I thanked god (I'd never thank Android and Motorola) for having an option to clean that dirty **** of notifications on my block screen (I rather look at a Caravaggio painting then to my notifications, most of them useless like something advert coming from the telephone company or app updates) and, of course, as it couldn't get any worse, after a few weeks getting used to this trash, the phone got into a bootloop.

I'm from Brazil and my cousin had brought me that phone as a gift from the US, which would be a better choice even if I had to buy it since the brazilian taxes are ridiculous and yes, globalization and the good economy relations between Brazil and the US shouldn't give me any hard time if I choose to purchase something overseas, but that's not what happened.

What happened is that I had to send the phone to the US for exchange; I'd have to pay for it but fortunatelly my cousin's mother was going to visit her in the US and she carried it for me; then my cousin, who have a job and other duties, had to struggle to find some time to carry the phone to the mail and send it to Motorola. Then Motorola sent the phone, a Moto G 2nd generation, because they refused to send me anything better than that to compensate me for this hard time, to my cousin, not for me, in Brazil, because it seems like this is a measure that would put down Motorola and the whole Wall Street altogether; then my cousin had to print a whole lot of papers to include with the phone and send it to Brazil and pray that they wouldn't tax me with the price of the phone; they ended up taxing me a little bit although not the price of the phone, but yeah, it really pissed me off that a simple upgrade that was supposed to improve my experience made spend months without my Moto G.

Now I'm used to this ugly trash that is Lollipop, I don't want to upgrade because I'm afraid it will get worst, and I no longer trust Motorola and Android services so can you please teach me how to not receive upgrade notifications anymore and leave me alone in peace with the ugly trash that I got used to?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/20YfLUV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment