Friday, February 26, 2016

Tested Guides - Root, Unlock Bootloader and Tethered TWRP On ZE500CL

Hello there!
I've noticed the resources for us using the ZE500CL variant of the ZenFone 2 line of phones are few and far between, so I decided to make this list of methods I personally tested for rooting, unlocking the bootloader and temporarily flashing TWRP (tethered recovery).
I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any forum rules, but I'll make sure to credit everyone who's guides and files I'll be presenting here. I am only posting this to help fellow ZE500CL in finding all the necessary tools and methods for various things they need. None of the tools and guides below are my work, all credit goes to their original creators.

I'll update this when I test more things, so keep an eye on this post in the future ;)

Root

Both methods worked for me, but I'd still recommend the second method in combination with temporary (tethered) TWRP in the last guide. Credit: @Chinaphonearena

Guide:
http://ift.tt/1T27r79

Unlock Bootloader

So, we've finally officially got the Bootloader Unlock tool from ASUS. It was uploaded in the "Driver & Tools" section on the ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE500CL official page just yesterday (I've checked it two days ago, it wasn't there, so it was most likely yesterday). I've got the information from this ZenFone 2 ZE500CL ZenTalk Forum post.

You can download it from here:
ZenFone 2 (ZE500CL) - Support

Please note: Only do this is you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing. Your warranty will be void and you will not receive further OTA updates. I am not responsible for damage to your device.

Temporary (Tethered) TWRP

This works like a charm tethered, but I didn't try flashing it. When I do, I'll update this post with new information. If any of you try it before me, please say if it worked here. This was, after all, not built specifically for the ZE500CL. Credit: @TheSSJ

Guide:
http://ift.tt/1T27pvY

I hope this was helpful. Again, the only intention of this post was to help out fellow ZE500CL users, since it's hard to find necessary tools for this device.

Thanks to all the wonderful people of XDA for working on the projects and helping out in the forums!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VJslG4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment