Friday, February 26, 2016

a501 - not bricked but can't load bootloader

First post, and many thanks for the wisdom in these forums.

I'm no n00b, I've been an infrastructure admin for 16 years, rooted over a dozen android phones from gingerbread to latest, jailbroken iPhones, in fact I pride myself on rescuing servers from HDD crashes, rebuilding boot records, etc. Point is, I can take the technical heat and I know how to look it up in XDA and TegraOwners.

Got an a501 from a dude real cheap, stock 3.2 HC won't OTA any further.

1. I used the downgrade to 3.01 method. As you all know, it's just an update.zip to regress to some janky 3.01 HC ROM.
2. Then I rooted.
3. Then I installed Acer Recovery Installer (now at v.3.03) which, after a bunch of force-closes, manages to install "CWM rv1.7 by thor2002ro"

I know I need to flash an unlockable bootloader, but there are always partition errors and nvflash always stalls... :(

- My a501 is not bricked, I can always get back into the half-broken 3.01 rom
- my CWM recovery is fine and in fact I've managed to flash a TWRP 2.10 from in CWM and I'm back on CWM.
- Using volume up and power, I can no longer get the custom acer update mode which accepts update.zip
- I have my CPUID and SBK. I have any number of roms and flash tools at my disposal.

Any thoughts? I read somewhere about an EUU to restore the partitioning... not sure how to proceed.

I just want fastboot so I can sideload a ROM and GAPPS!!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LjVXcw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment