Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Trouble rooting trying to install Dualrecovery for a nandroid backup.

Hi guys, this is my first post here, so please go easy on me. :)
So recently my phone screen cracked and I had to send it off for recovery.
The company wiped and upgraded my firmware, but I did my data backup as a nandroid backup, so I have to get a recovery installed to restore it.
I have managed to unlock the bootloader and flash this version of the firmware : - D5803_23.4.A.1.264
I am simply trying to root the phone so I can get SuperSU onto it and the method I used last time uses CWM. However, when I try to install CWM I can access CWM, but otherwise, it goes into a boot loop and I have to reflash that firmware to restore it, which deletes the CWM. The CWM version I can flash does not seem to be able to restore nandroid, so it's fairly useless.
i have tried downgrading but then the phone crashes on startup. I noticed when I restored to the current firmware above, the phone had kept all my settings, so I don't know if there's extra I need to wipe, or if I'm not flashing correctly.

Now I have used PRF tool to create a flashable zip, that I thought might be able to do the job for me if I can get something to install it. It has the working firmware, SuperSU and dualrecovery in it.
I have done this all before without issues, but the new firmware version is making things more difficult.

So questions are;
1. Am I flashing incorrectly when downgrading? Or is there some other factor at play preventing me from doing so?
2. Is there a way I keep the CWM and flash the working firmware? Like it would go into boot-loop but then I could get the normal systems operating again and have the phone rooted, continuing the work. I figured there might be an option in flashtool, but I didn't want to press anything without confirmation from someone.
3. Is there an easier way to froot this? Last time I was able to use giefroot, but now it says my kernel isn't supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not new to modding my phones, but I'm not advanced either. Let me know if there are other details I can give that might help.
Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1MIyZwI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment