Wednesday, April 20, 2016

XT1572 Style with Band 12 and Band 20?

I've done quite a bit of searching on this question, without being able to find a definitive answer. I have a EU XT1572 with mostly stock 6.0. I travel extensively and I want to enable LTE Band 12 for use on T-Mobile when I'm in the US. The specs for this phone I saw before I bought it said that Band 12 was enabled, but it isn't, and my IMEI SV is 01. I seem to have found a solution here:

http://ift.tt/1NlAhhb

However, it seems like this solution will effectively convert my XT1572 to a XT1575, at least as far as the modem is concerned. My issue is that I'm concerned that I might lose Band 20 coverage if I do this.

I would normally make the changes by trial and error and test myself, but the frequency of my travel makes it difficult to do that, and I'd prefer to have a working solution in place before I need these respective frequencies. Is there a way to do what I want, or would I have have to flash XT1572 EU and XT1575 modems before I enter the respective Band 12 and Band 20 coverage areas?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22Oeb93
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment