Friday, July 29, 2016

Remix OS (for PC) boot problems...

I have tried creating a USB RAM-drive, and booting RemixOS (for PC/64) from it on my Cherry Trail (Teclast X16 Power) tablet. It gets to the screen that says "System initializing, please wait...". but never gets past that.

As mentioned, my Teclast X16 tablet is an Intel "Cherry Trail" (Z8700) dual-boot device, that can boot into either Android 5.1 or Windows10. Unfortunately the Android build that comes with it is not very good. (IE: Though the tablet has a GPS sensor, it doesn't work in Android. There are also a few other oddities about the Teclast Android build.)

It is possible that RemixOS is trying to make use of the Android data partition that is on the tablet's internal SSD (instead of using the USB RAM-Drive that RemixOS is on), and being that it already has data on it from the Android OS that came installed on the tablet, maybe it causes problems during boot.

I wanted to just try out RemixOS on this device. A few of the things that I really want to know is...
- Will the tablet touch screen work with RemixOS, or would I have to always use a mouse & keyboard?
- Will the GPS sensor work with RemixOS?

I was also looking to see if there was a way that I could boot RemixOS (for PC) in a VirtualBox VM, but I have not had any success getting that to work. Has anyone been able to run it in a VM successfully?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2awRtAE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment