Sunday, July 31, 2016

HTC M9 (Canada) softbrick then baseband issues while trying to root

So I was trying to root my phone. I unlocked the bootloader from HTCdev and managed to install TWRP. I selected the read and write option though I think that may have been a mistake reading some of the posts on this forum.

Anyways the next step was flashing superuser unfortunately I flashed the latest version however apparently only till 2.64 works. This caused a bootloop. As I had no ideas, I wiped my phone and installed CM13. Now my phone boots up and runs perfectly and I can install other ROMs too but one critical error is that my phone doesn't recognize my sim card. It says baseband is unknown and IMEI number field is blank if I check using the dialer. My phone is S-ON.

This seems to be a common error around this forum but I can't find a solution which helps me.

Most people suggest flashing the stock rom but since my phone is S-ON I can only flash the Canadian videotron version which I can't find anywhere. I found nandroid twrp backup here in the following link but I don't know what to do with it. I put it on my phone but obviously I can't flash it nor does TWRP automatically find it to restore it. Do I have to flash it from my computer somehow like ODIN is used for Samsung(?) phones ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://ift.tt/2amQ3Wy


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2anQ2VH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment