Sunday, July 31, 2016

How to unlock? New factory shipped Android 6.0.1 - Alcatel Idol 3 6045I

I was wondering if I could get your help with unlocking my Alcatel onetouch Idol 3 (6045I) after having much difficulty.

I've recently acquired this phone from Bell (wireless Carrier in Canada) and the phone shipped new with Android version 6.0.1. As you are well aware Marshmallow breaks fast boot functionality in the boot loader leaving me unable to perform "fastboot -i 0x1bbb oem unlock".

I've attempted to downgrade the phone using "Mobile_Upgrade_Q_5.0.6_Setup"; however after the process was successful and complete, the phone did not downgrade to version 5 of Android. The phone still had version 6 present as it shipped with this version.

Do you have any suggestions about how I could go about "unlocking" the phone as I need to use a sim card from a different wireless carrier.

Thank you very much for your assistance ahead of time.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aIZUIO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment