Saturday, July 30, 2016

Can't Connect Oneplus One to Android Auto in Honda Civic 2016

I am unable to connect my Oneplus One to my Honda Civic 2016's head unit through Android Auto. There are two possible scenarios after plugging in the phone. I either get an error message on my head unit saying a charging error occurred and that I have to verify that I am using an Android Auto compatible phone/cable and the phone won't charge, or the phone charges just fine, but nothing happens on the head unit.

I've tried a lot of things to fix this, possible solutions that have worked for others. For example, I've tried many ROMs, that is Oxygen OS 2.1.4, Cyanogen Mod 13 nightlies, Cyanogen Mod 12.1 with Resurrection Remix and I currently have Resurrection Remix M v5.1.7 installed. None of them have worked. I've tried all the different USB modes, charging only, PTP, MTP, USB Ethernet and MIDI, all of them with debugging on and off. Some people have reported that denying access to messages through Bluetooth have also helped, but no luck for me. I've tried the Oneplus cable and a third party cable, but no luck either. Finally, having started to think the problem might lay with the head unit, I plugged in someone else's phone, a Moto G, and it worked first try, like a charm. I've also tried my phone in a Chevrolet Malibu 2016, no connection there either. Obviously, something's wrong with my phone, but I can't find out what. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ahR7NC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment