Saturday, July 30, 2016

Several questions about Moto Z Force

I picked up my Moto Z Force at Best Buy on Thursday. I couldn't pass up their deal. Getting this phone for $524 with the JBL SoundBoost speaker is awesome. I compared to regular Z before buying and the Force felt better in my hand (plus it has some great other upgrades). I'm loving the phone. I upgraded from a Droid Turbo and it is a significant jump up.

Several questions:
1. With my Droid Turbo when ever I connected to a Quick Charge 2 device (battery, car charger, and wall usb charger) the phone would indicate with a message that I was turbo charging. With the Moto Z Force I'm not getting a message with my bought Quick Charge 3 battery, car charger, and wall usb charger (Anker and Aukey). With the Force I'm only getting the "TurboPower Connected" message when I use the supplied wall charger. Is there anyway to confirm I'm charging at Quick Charge 3 speeds with my other devices? I'm hoping this can be done via software on phone.

2. It has been a while since I have used a micro sd card in phone. I'm loving I can do this with Moto Z even though getting card out is kind of pain in ass and you need special tool as well. I have the 200gb Sandisk Ultra Micro SD which I picked up a while back on sale for $50. Read speeds on this card are decent but write speeds are pretty slow. I'm noticing that speeds are significantly slower transferring large files to phone (with card in it) with cord vs. pulling card and doing with memory card reader. Is this normal? Is there any way to improve these speeds?

3. I'm looking for a good ultra thin case. I would like to add the least amount bilk and weight possible. I picked up a TPU case on amazon but it a bit bulky. Ideally I would like to get a thin polycarbonate case like Spigen's Thin Fit. Does anyone here know of a case like this for the Z Force?

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aGJ1yp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment