Sunday, July 31, 2016

I'm Confused About Which Model I have, So That I can Purchase a Case

I'm a bit lost, as I only recently purchased a Note 10.1 GT-N8013, and some of the answers I'm finding through google seem outdated or not lining up with each other. I checked the thread regarding cases, and it seems pretty old, so it might be missing some info, and two of the cases I checked out are no longer available.

1. Is the N8013 a 2012 or 2013 model? From what it seemed like, there's only a 2012 and a 2014 note, but then I see cases "designed for the N8013" 2013 model. I assumed I have a 2012 model, because it's certainly not the 2014.

2. Do smart covers actually exist for the N8013? I see comments going both ways, on Amazon. Some seem to say it has a magnetic sensor. Others say it has a proximity sensor. Certain covers are listed as smart cases for it, but the reviews often disagree with each other as to whether or not it can sleep and wake via the case being opened or closed.

3. If smart covers do exist for the N8013, does it have to be enabled in the settings, because I'm not finding that option?

4. I'm on 6.0.1 CM13, if that matters.

So basically, I'm looking for two cases. The otterbox defender is way under MSRP, so I'll pick one of those up anyways, and am not concerned about a smart case version there, just that I'm getting the correct model. This would be for traveling, hiking, etc.

The second case I would like would be thin, lightweight, and if possible, be a smart case. I have one like this: http://ift.tt/1Ai8jrQ for my ipad Air, and would like something like that for the N8013. Tiny, a bit of protection but not much, with a smart flap that magnetically holds the front cover in place and also enables/disables sleep. This would be an around the house case. I would even be ok with something Snugg sized, but again, it's getting on the bigger size, and when I pull up my model on Amazon, it comes up with the 2014 models of the Note, but clearly lists it in the picture section that my model is last gen.

Please assist, because I'm confused due to the odd naming system with the Note tablet series.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2anPIGh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment